Monday, February 28, 2005

Just A Thought....

A co-worker of mine just returned from a tour of Europe which included Italy, France, Switzerland and London, England. The trip he made was during Condoleezza Rice's tour of the region earlier this month.

I ventured the question to my co-worker, asking if he had come across any anti-Americanism or anti-Bushism while in the region. He indicated to me that other than a poorly drawn anti-Bush sign in Italy and some rude Frenchies on the subway in France, he witnessed no outward signs of hatred on the tour. What's more, he says that everywhere they went, the locals went out of the way to make them feel welcome and secure!

Which draws the question, where is all the anti-Americanism that we are told exists?

I have not been to Europe so I have not witnessed for myself, but having no reason to believe my co-worker is hiding something, I am inclined to think that all this anti-Americanism exists in the realm of media rather than in reality.

Just a thought....



0 comments: