Wednesday, February 09, 2005

UPDATE: Kevin Since His Below-Knee Amputation

Hi Everyone! I have been getting a lot of email from folks interested in knowing how I am progressing with my prosthetic leg.

This picture was taken 2-5-05, the day after I received the prosthetic. The device pictured above consists of a liner that rolls (condom style) on to my leg (provided by Ossur) and attaches to the "bucket" or sleeve (designed by O&P In Motion) and ends in a light-weight pylon attached to an "ankle" that bends with each step (Otto Bock). Finally a prosthetic foot with a separated big-toe for ease of motion.

The American Flag sticker has the caption "United We Stand". It seemed appropriate!

And YES I do experience "phantom Pain". It comes in the form of sharp nerve pains. Instead of feeling it in my "stump", it feels like it is in part of my foot which is of course impossible because I have no foot there. It is sometimes a real mind-tweak but I am getting used to it.

Please send all questions and comments regarding THIS POST to right_on@warpmail.net



1 comments:

Annie said...

Lookin' good there Kevin! Thanks for the update...I appreciate it!