Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Lone Republican Running For Los Angeles Mayor

Walter Moore is a 45-year-old business trial lawyer; graduated with honors from Princeton and Georgetown Law; has a degree in Public And International Affairs; and was an Editor of the Georgetown Law Journal. Moore is not a career politician. Rather, like you, he's a taxpayer fed up with career politicians who cater to special interests rather than protecting the public interest.

I am not exactly endorsing this candidate, but as the only Republican in the race, if I could vote in this election (I live in Los Angeles County, but not The City of L.A.) I would vote for Walter Moore. Ok, I guess I did just endorse him!

His website says that if he got 150,000 votes, he could win the race because of how many candidates will split the rest of the vote. I estimate there are more than 300,000 Republicans in The City of Los Angeles. Not bad odds if he can get his name to enough of them.

MooreIsBetter.com

I have assigned one of my correspondents to do a write up on this guy explaining his background and plans should he be elected Mayor. Look for that towards the middle of next week.



0 comments: